- the cardinal number that is the sum of eight and one
- denoting a quantity consisting of one more than eight and one less than ten
How To Use 9 In A Sentence
- It's not bad but neither is it brilliant - which won't bother 99 per cent of buyers one jot as they are in it for the image.
- Within five years, a unified currency in 1933 the "central" issue of "legal tender" currency has been relatively stable, so Donglai Bank has to resume business.
- In 1984, he started Oh Boy as an outlet for his songwriting.
- Management claimed the lockout was a temporary measure and that the plant would be reopened on May 9.
- Mr. Sorapong, 35 years old, selected industrial estate developers Hemaraj Land & Development PCL and Amata Corporation PCL among his top picks, with Hemaraj returning 147% over the course of 2010 and Amata providing a 99% return on investment. Real Estate
- Though serfs were freed in 1864, they remained poor sharecroppers and staged a massive peasant uprising in 1907.
- Another friend notes a shift in the type of gifts given at wedding showers, a reversion to 1950s-style offerings: soup ladles and frilly aprons are being unwrapped along with see-through nighties and push-up bras.
- In 1949, "pseudo folksongs" were banned by Dalstroi, the Gulag mining camps in Kolyma. Not so secret: deal at the heart of UK-US intelligence
- Spanish-American War of 1898 Edison suggested to the Navy Department the adoption of a compound of calcium carbide and calcium phosphite, which when placed in a shell and fired from a gun would explode as soon as it struck water and ignite, producing a blaze that would continue several minutes and make the ships of the enemy visible for four or five miles at sea. Edison, His Life and Inventions
- Plans include occasional stops at Central Terminal, which saw its last passenger train in 1979, and special excursions through the region to destinations such as Niagara Falls, Medina, Jamestown and even Cleveland. The Buffalo News: Home