- the size of a book whose pages are made by folding a sheet of paper three times to form eight leaves
How To Use 8vo In A Sentence
- Post 8vo, quarter-bound antique grey boards or red cloth. _2s. 6d. _ net: Double Vols., _3s. 6d. _ net. A History of the United States
- De philofophorum doc - trinal i bell us ex Cicerone, 8vo. The Monthly Review
- Illustrations, 'i.p. 215) both adduce quotations [as to' carves '], but they have missed the most apposite, _pointed out by Dr. Rimbault_ in his edition of Sir Thomas Overbury's Works, 8vo., 1856, p. 50. The Atlantic Monthly, Volume 04, No. 24, October, 1859
- In consequence of the many and varied sizes of papers now manufactured, the terms folio, quarto or 4to., octavo or 8vo., twelvemo or 12mo., and so on, as indicating the number of folds in the printed sheets, can no longer be relied upon as a definite guide to the sizes of books, hence the change, as follows: -- The Private Library What We Do Know, What We Don't Know, What We Ought to Know About Our Books
- Reflections on Sentimental DiSerencea in Points of Faith, intended as an Introduction to a larger Work upon the capital Subjects in Dispute, 1752," 8vo, "Iteflectiona upon Theatrical Expression in Tragedy; with a proper Intro - duction and Appendix, 1755," 8vo. Literary Anecdotes of the Eighteenth Century;: Comprizing Biographical ...
- Small crown 8vo, quarter-bound antique grey boards, _2s. 6d. A History of the United States
- Together with the Tragicall Narration of Virginius Death interserted_, by W.B. small 8vo. Notes and Queries, Number 19, March 9, 1850
- (Church History of Aethiopia, London, 1696, in 8vo ..) and La Croze, The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire
- Cobb_: London, printed by C. and R. Baldwin, 1805, 8vo., pp. 324.; said to be _privately printed_? Notes and Queries, Number 185, May 14, 1853 A Medium of Inter-communication for Literary Men, Artists, Antiquaries, Genealogists, etc.
- The First Series is now complete in 4 vols.fcap. 8vo. and may be ordered of all booksellers in the country. Notes and Queries, Number 04, November 24, 1849