- the cardinal number that is the sum of sixteen and one
- being one more than sixteen
How To Use 17 In A Sentence
- They could have been classed as ship-rigged sloops-of-war and were built by Thomas Fishburn in 1770 at Whitby.
- At fourteen he was sent to the University of Glasgow, where he came under the influence of Francis Hutcheson, and in 1740 he went up to Oxford as Snell exhibitioner at Balliol College, remaining there till 1746. Introductory Note
- Fans of bibliographies will no doubt linger over page 5 of the guidebook which lists the 17 bibliographies published by the library itself.
- Daniel Defoe, The Consoli - dator: or Memoirs and Sundry Transactions from the World in the Moon (London, 1705). COSMIC VOYAGES
- During these conferences the alteration proposed by Briggs was agreed upon; and on his return from his second visit to Edinburgh in 1617 he accordingly published the first chiliad of his logarithms. Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, Volume 4, Part 3 "Brescia" to "Bulgaria"
- [K. Philip and Queene Mary hereby do disannul Pope Alexanders diuision. 177]. The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques and Discoveries of the English Nation
- One of the stars of the collection is the Diana and Minerva commode of 1773, so called for the inlaid roundels representing the goddesses of the hunt and the arts, respectively.
- Note 17: Joseph Jérôme Lefrançais de Lalande, L'Art de faire le maroquin, ([Paris, 1766]). de Lalande also published earlier work on a similar subject L'Art du tanneur ([Paris], 1764). back The Creation of Color in Eighteenth-Century Europe
- (C and D) CG14217 is present at high levels in the pole plasm and is taken up by the pole cells.
- 3 _Petro snaps_. 4to 1679 'and Petro snaps'.p. 320, l. i _remember a fart these_. 1724 'remember these'.p. 320, l. The Works of Aphra Behn, Volume II