- the cardinal number that is the product of 10 and 100
- denoting a quantity consisting of 1,000 items or units
How To Use 1000 In A Sentence
- I'd like to withdraw 1000 dollars from my savings account and put it in my check account.
- The failure of the monsoon would destroy harvests on which 1000 million people rely.
- This means the circumference is about 1000 meters, so v is 1000 meters per minute, which yields a simulated gravity about 1/6 of Earth's -- the same as the moon (though the people inside move as though the gravity is Earth-normal). 8/1/08: Launch Pad, day 2
- By 1000 most English bishops were monks, and both bishops and abbots deliberated with lay magnates in the king's council.
- I have dropped 10000 dollars so far.
- The maximum penalty for running grog into a restricted area is $1000 or six months for a first offence, and $2000 or 12 months for a second, plus forfeiture of the vehicle or aircraft.
- Her name means happiness, but she is a widow with five children who makes ends meet by washing clothes for the neighbourhood and preparing injera, the unleavened bread prepared today as it was 1000 years ago.
- Thousands of animists joined the Church in 2000 and 1000 adult catechumens are scheduled to be received this Easter.
- The Group is supplying to a many Global 1000 companies in the Automotive, Health Care, Medical, Industrial, Office Appliance, Consumer Electronics and Home Appliance sectors.
- Leif Eiriksson landed in Vineland in the year 10001. American Friends Service Committee - Nobel Lecture