the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number
they had lunch at one
he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it
used of a single unit or thing; not two or more
`ane' is Scottish
How To Use 1 In A Sentence
- Within five years, a unified currency in 1933 the "central" issue of "legal tender" currency has been relatively stable, so Donglai Bank has to resume business.
- They could have been classed as ship-rigged sloops-of-war and were built by Thomas Fishburn in 1770 at Whitby.
- It got so bad that 12 patrolmen and two police dogs were kept on duty outside the home for several days.
- Laura Wade's Posh, timed to open as the Tories edged into power in May 2010, reminded us just what we were in for: overprivileged hooligans in drinking-society blazers who trash a pub as thoughtlessly as they will trash the country. Dominic Cooke: a life in theatre
- Spending on a perennial effort to expand gambling at race tracks, known as "racino," increased four-fold to about $620,000 in 2010. StarTribune.com rss feed
- In 1984, he started Oh Boy as an outlet for his songwriting.
- Assuming that 15 pound breaking strain line is used, an angler using monofilament might have to use a six or eight ounce sinker and use a 20 lb class rod to carry that sinker weight.
- The protests were going on about 1 kilometers away in the main street and some of the protesting crowd were running from tear gass used among them, towards Salehi St. The film is shot by my friend who was standing beside me. Iran Election Live-Blogging (Saturday June 20 Part II)
- As I did at FIAC, I selected 18 galleries and asked their most anglophonic expert to pick an image and talk about it for under two minutes. Michael Kurcfeld: Doing Shots: The Old and the New at Paris Photo 2011 (VIDEO)
- In 1850 Joy and Edward Wilson patented twin boilers working in parallel within the same casing.