dark vs light
- an unenlightened state
- absence of light or illumination
- absence of moral or spiritual values
- an unilluminated area
- the time after sunset and before sunrise while it is dark outside
- marked by difficulty of style or expression
- causing dejection
- devoid of or deficient in light or brightness; shadowed or black
- (used of color) having a dark hue
The hat, I think the style was called fedora, had a dark band and a dint in the top, which my father would sometimes correct with a chopping action of his right hand.
He was clean-shaven, in his early 30s and wearing a dark blue t-shirt.
The building is dark brick topped by pinky-coloured concrete block walls, white plastic-looking fascia board, black plastic guttering and an artificial slate roof.
- a divine presence believed by Quakers to enlighten and guide the soul
He specialized in moonlit and winter scenes, usually including a sheet of water and sometimes also involving the light of a fire, and he also painted sunsets and views at dawn or twilight.
The lizard's light brown skin acts as camouflage in the desert sand.
The striker was criticised by fans after voicing concerns about the club 's financial plight.