Difference between gun and corvette
- a hand-operated pump that resembles a pistol; forces grease into parts of a machine
- a weapon that discharges a missile at high velocity (especially from a metal tube or barrel)
- a professional killer who uses a gun
- large but transportable armament
- a person who shoots a gun (as regards their ability)
- shoot with a gun
The bombardment of the GPO had fascinated MacMurrough: the annunciatory puffs of smoke and the flames that roared to greet them; then the crashing gun’s report, the shell’s eruption—an illogical sequence, effect before cause, an object lesson in the madness of war.
Having a smooth bore . Use of a gun barrel.
On the ranges of Fort Devens, the troops were put through their paces on US weapons, from the stock-in-trade M16 assault rifle to the frighteningly-effective M249 SAW light machine gun.
- a highly maneuverable escort warship; smaller than a destroyer
Mediterranean to look out for a French and Spanish squadron, which had been on the coast of Portugal, but returned to Ferrol --- I received all your letters by the Turkish corvette, which is arrived at Messina.
You know people have midlife crises when they turn 50 and they go out and buy a red Corvette and drive around college campuses to see if they can still attract babes.
The troop carrying convoy would then sail from southern English ports protected by an escort of frigates and corvettes.