Difference between duty and note
- a government tax on imports or exports
- work that you are obliged to perform for moral or legal reasons
- the social force that binds you to the courses of action demanded by that force
It got so bad that 12 patrolmen and two police dogs were kept on duty outside the home for several days.
Tre is going to be on suntan lotion duty quite a lot on the cruise.
These provisions, although expressed at a level of great generality, have often been invoked by those who posit the existence of a broad international duty to cooperate or a right to solidarity.
- make mention of
- notice or perceive
- make a written note of
- observe with care or pay close attention to
- a promise to pay a specified amount on demand or at a certain time
- a short personal letter
- a brief written record
- high status importance owing to marked superiority
- a comment or instruction (usually added)
Several selections contain strings of double notes, primarily thirds and sixths.
Note that you'll be able to find the demonstration projects themselves as open-source projects on the companion site to the column (see Resources).
The new taxon is named Gamerabaena, and the authors note, under etymology, "'Gamera refers to the fictional, firebreathing turtle from the 1965 movie Gamera, in allusion to his fire-breathing capabilities and the Hell Creek Formation ...