- 1) US A person of either sex entering the first year of an institution, especially a high school (ninth grade), a university, or legislative body.
- 2) obsolete A novice; one in the rudiments of knowledge.
- 3) A beginner; a novice.
- 4) A student in the first-year class of a high school, college, or university.
- 5) A novice; one in the rudiments of knowledge; especially, a student during his first year in a high school, college, or university.
- 6) [ U. S.] the lowest of the four classes in an American college.
- 7) a first-year undergraduate
- 8) A student of the first year in a college or university.
- 9) A novice; one in the rudiments of knowledge.
- 10) used of a person in the first year of an experience (especially in United States high school or college)
- 11) Pertaining to a freshman, or to the class composed of freshmen, in a college.
- 1) At the end of his freshman year he packed his bag with dirty laundry and went his own way.
- 2) Matter of fact, almost rented a place there my freshman year.
- 3) Ten years ago, he was a freshman at college.
- 4) In the USA students have to do a compulsory course in public speaking in their freshman year.
- 5) When I was a college freshman, a student in my dormitory had a crisis and abruptly withdrew from school.
- 6) The point is that we STOP using the term "freshman fifteen."
- 7) •Robbie Earl — The Wisconsin freshman is one of the fastest players in the draft and can score.
- 8) She did live in the dorms the first year and Katrina hit on what they call freshman move-in day.
- 9) But as an all-around force on the basketball court, the freshman is all grown up.
- 10) Minnesota freshman is the most highly skilled offensive talent among all
- 11) I am a physics freshman from the University of the Philippines.
- 12) S Parker Orms — The redshirt freshman is only listed at 5-11, 180 pounds and didn't grace the two-deep at the beginning of spring camp.
- 13) The Bruin freshman can rebound, block shots and play at a high level defensively.
- 14) It is nice to get a bit of the "other side" of the story ... my version of World History taught in freshman year of High School, al; though not strictly anti-Catholic, nevertheless really downplayed the accomplishments of the Church.
- 15) ‘Why are most of the victims physically weak such as university freshmen or sophomores or female students?’
- 16) ‘She is currently enrolled at California State University Fullerton as a freshman in the Honors Program.’
- 17) ‘When Arizona State University's freshmen begin to navigate college life this fall, about 35 of them will get extra support from their parents.’
- 18) ‘The teaching of science subjects to secondary school students and college and university freshmen is often regarded as a difficult task.’
- 19) ‘Like their current national peers, ISU freshmen selected their university or college based on its academic reputation and the potential for landing good jobs when they graduate.’
- 20) ‘All full-time undergraduates who qualify financially are eligible, whether they entered the University as freshmen or transfer students.’
- 21) ‘I'm interested in retaining students, especially the freshmen and sophomores.’
- 22) ‘During the second semester of the freshman art-introduction course at our school, we offer a unit in printmaking.’
- 23) ‘Minority students make up just over half of new freshmen at the University of New Mexico for the first time in the school's history.’
- 24) ‘The university has focused on freshmen because it loses about 25 percent of its students after the first year.’
- 25) ‘More resources were put into freshmen year courses and universities developed freshman ‘learning community’ programs.’
- 26) ‘The 91,000 freshmen in four-year universities constituted 24 percent of the number of 18-year-olds in the country, 373,000.’
- 27) ‘Fall 2001 enrollment includes 4,654 freshmen, the highest freshman enrollment in the university's history.’
- 28) ‘He was a freshman at Tokyo Gakugei University when he disappeared.’
- 29) ‘University of Arizona freshmen and 1996 Olympic teammates Amanda Beard and Beth Botsford set American records in December at the Texas Invitational Swim Meet.’
- 30) ‘However, new records were set there in 2004 for total freshmen enrollment and overall university enrollment.’
- 31) ‘As is the case at most universities, freshmen are not permitted to bring their cars during the first semester.’
- 32) ‘While on the mend, the former freshman sued the university for not warning residents of the perilous nature of upper-story windows.’
- 33) ‘There's no mistaking the immediate effect the freshman had on the University of Arizona program, however.’
- 34) ‘Eric is eighteen and is a freshman at the University of Washington.’
- 35) ‘She was named class advisor for both seniors and freshmen at Saltsburg High School.’
- 36) ‘Jean and Fernando joined the organization as high school freshmen, and after three years they have a sense of perspective.’
- 37) ‘Still, those four years make up only half the lifespan for the seemingly young band, who started performing as high school freshmen.’
- 38) ‘Among high school freshmen, 41 percent of girls drink compared to 40 percent of boys.’
- 39) ‘They were in their last year of junior high and getting ready to move onto high school as freshmen.’
- 40) ‘I'd be on the set and I'd look around, and I would be back in 1976, a freshman in high school again.’
- 41) ‘When he was discharged in September 1945, he returned home and entered high school as a freshman.’
- 42) ‘He would have been a senior when she was a freshman at the high school.’
- 43) ‘See, it's mostly about her and it's a memoir of her life when she was a freshman and sophomore in high school.’
- 44) ‘The group of high school freshmen sat in the living room, eyes wide as they watched a gruesome scene being played through on the wide screen TV.’
- 45) ‘We were now high school freshmen, but virtually nothing changed.’
- 46) ‘The two girls were high school freshmen who had been friends since birth, and knew each other so well that they were practically twins.’
- 47) ‘When we were freshmen in high school we hung out so much that people joked that we were dating.’
- 48) ‘Ross and Caroline Denton met when they were freshmen in high school.’
- 49) ‘It was their first day of school as freshmen at Ridgewood High School.’
- 50) ‘Mr. Mitchell had just begun to make his changes when Kirby and her friends entered the high school as freshmen.’
- 51) ‘As high school freshmen, my friends and I experimented with booze the hard way.’
- 52) ‘At lunch that day, they sat together in the cafeteria; same as they had done every day since Abby was a freshman in high school.’
- 53) ‘Of course, I was probably only a freshman in high school at the time.’
- 54) ‘She and her four siblings attended parochial school until Mary Margaret was a freshman in high school.’
- 1) I made a lot of new friends, especially among the other freshmen.