Linguix keeping your data safe. We don’t sell your personal data or your content. We don’t store texts you type while using Linguix.
You are the only owner of your content, period.
Linguix does not sell your personal data or your content.
You are the only owner of your content. Our users edit their novels, prepare work-related and personal projects. We do not want to lose their (yours!) trust. Our goal is to help with your writing. Period.
We do not store your content and texts you type when using our browser extensions.
Data is sent to our servers to get checked, and vanishes forever with no option to restore it even for us. You can prevent Linguix Browser Extensions from accessing text areas at specific sites (eg. if you do not want us to check your emails, then you can disable the extension in Gmail).
Our main rule: employees or other users do not have access to your content and transmitted data.
However, the content may be accessed by a dedicated employee if we need to do so in respond to your request for support, if we get an official order from authorities (subject to review, no such cases so far), etc.
TL;DR – a note from Linguix co-founder
Hi All, this is Alex Lashkov, Linguix.com co-founder (you can see me here).
Textly Inc. does not sell your personal data or your content (created on Linguix.com, Turbo.linguix.com or Objects.to websites). You are the only owner of your content. Our users edit their novels, prepare work-related and personal projects. We do not want to lose their (yours!) trust. Our goal is to help with your writing. Period.
We do not store your content and texts you type when using our browser extensions. Data is sent to our servers to get checked, and vanishes forever with no option to restore it even for us. You can prevent Linguix Browser Extensions from accessing text areas at specific sites (eg. if you do not want us to check your emails, then you can disable the extension in Gmail).
However, if you choose to store your documents in our web application (app.linguix.com), these texts will remain on our servers until you delete them. Or you can use a Secret Mode in our web app, in such cases the texts will be deleted immediately after you leave the editor.
Our main rule: employees do not have access to your content and transmitted data. However, the content may be accessed by a dedicated employee if we need to do so in respond to your request for support, if we get an official order from authorities (subject to review, no such cases so far), etc.
Linguix is a freemium service, which means there are free and paid parts of the product. We hope people will buy our Premium as that's the only way we make money. So, we will tell you about pros of using our Premium offering.
A few trusted third parties under certain circumstances can help us to provide a better service.
Users can exercise their GDPR and CCPA rights. We are open to any requests from our users (i.e. deleting accounts, personal information), as well as
If there are still questions or confusing moments, feel free to drop us a message at [email protected], and we will get back to you shortly! Or ping me directly at [email protected].
Now, let's move to the full version of the document.
Effective date: December 1, 2018 | Last updated: May 25, 2023
Textly, Inc. (“Linguix,” “Turbo,” “Objects,” “we,” or “us”) operates the following websites: https://linguix.com, https://turbo.linguix.com/, https://objects.to/ (the "Service").
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
Google API Services Disclosure is located here.
Personal information we may collect
Where applicable, we indicate whether and why you must provide us with your Personal Information, as well as the consequences of failing to do so. If you do not provide Personal Information when requested, you may not be able to benefit from our Service if that information is necessary to provide you with the service or if we are legally required to collect it.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you ("Personal Data"). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
– Email address
– First name and last name
– Phone number
– Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
– Cookies and Usage Data
– Usage Data
We may also collect information on how the Service is accessed and used ("Usage Data"). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
What is a cookie?
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
– Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
– Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
– Social media cookies. The Site includes third-party social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook Like button.
– Targeting or advertising cookies. These Third-Party Cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks in order to deliver ads and track ad performance.
– Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
How to disable cookies
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
– Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Google Chrome;
– Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Safari;
– Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox;
– Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer;
– Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Edge.
However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service
How we may use your personal information
We may use the Personal Information we obtain about you to:
– create and manage your account, provide our Service, process payments, and respond to your inquiries;
– manage account authentication such as two-factor authentication
communicate with you to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance, including by periodically emailing you service-related announcements;
– publish your content, comments or messages on social media platforms;
– provide tailored advertising, for Linguix services, via Google AdWords;
– aggregate your Personal Information for analytical purposes;
– provide customer support;
– operate, evaluate and improve our business (including by developing new products and services; managing our communications; determining the effectiveness of our advertising; analyzing how the Service is being accessed and used; tracking performance of the Service; debugging the Service; facilitating the use of our Service);
– send you marketing communications about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of Linguix, and affiliated companies;
– ensure the security of our Service;
– manage our customer, service provider and partner relationships;
– enforce our agreements related to our Service and our other legal rights; and comply with applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies.
If you are located in the European Economic Area, we may process your Personal Information for the above purposes when:
– you have consented to the use of your Personal Information, For example, we may seek to obtain your consent for our uses of cookies or similar technologies, or to send you marketing communications.
– we need your Personal Information to provide you with services and products requested by you, or to respond to your inquiries,
– we have a legal obligation to use your Personal Information, or
– we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information. In particular, we have a legitimate interest in using your Personal Information to ensure and improve the safety, security, and performance of our Service, to anonymize Personal Information and carry out data analyses.
Does Linguix review User Content?
Linguix employees do not monitor User Content, stored or transmitted via our website or browser extensions. However, it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service have been violated and confirmation is required. Also, in some cases such review is necessary to provide assistance for user support. The content may be reviewed if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service, or to improve our algorithms.
Also, your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Linguix and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, including responses to court orders, or other legal processes.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
We may disclose the Personal Information we collect about you as described below or otherwise disclosed to you at the time the data is collected, including with:
We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to us, including hosting and maintenance, error monitoring, debugging, performance monitoring, billing, customer relationship, database storage and management, and direct marketing campaigns. We may share your Personal Information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these functions and provide such services. We also require these third parties to maintain the privacy and security of the Personal Information they process on our behalf.
- Google Cloud (USA)
- Google Tag Manager (USA)
- Facebook Pixel (USA)
- Amplitude (USA)
- Intercom (USA)
- Stripe (USA)
- Braintree (USA)
- PayPal (USA)
- Baremetrics (USA)
- Sendgrid (USA)
- Mailgun (USA)
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
Linguix cooperates with government and law enforcement officials or private parties to enforce and comply with the law. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe is necessary or appropriate to investigate, respond to, and defend against claims, for legal process (including subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Linguix or a third party, to protect Linguix against liability, for the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, fraudulent, abusive, or legally actionable activity, to protect the security or integrity of the Service and any equipment used to make the Service available, or to comply with the law.
Other Third Parties
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we do our best to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service. Example of such service used by Linguix.ai website is Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children"). If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected] We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
A Privacy Notice for California Residents Using Linguix
What Information Do We Collect
Under the CCPA we are also providing additional information on that matter, including "categories" of personal information used for business and improving user experience purposes. Here is the list of these categories:
– identifiers – name, email address or account in the specific social network, profile data;
– business data – payment transactions information;
– financial information – payment method or connected financial accounts;
– network and device activity – IP addresses used to connect to the software, usage information;
– location – where your device you are using to access Linguix website, applications, and services is located;
– user inferential data;
– other information that may be used to identify the user or reasonable be associated with the user.
You should also understand, that we may use the above-mentioned data categories of personal information to comply with laws and regulations applicable in different countries. Also, we may aggregate such information or de-indentify it to prevent or limit the disclosure of any user or device data to other parties.
Rights And How to Exercise Them
As a California resident, you have certain rights. The local law allows you requesting us to:
– give you an access and/or a copy of a specific information we have regarding you and your account;
– provide a summary of the data categories of your personal information collected and processed by us or disclosed to third parties in the period of the last twelve months;
– the categories of the sources of this data;
– the reasons and business purposes under which such information is collected;
– the categories of third parties that this data made be shared with;
delete certain information we have about by your request.
Also, under the CCPA, you have a right to receive information about the financial incentives we may offer to you (if there are any). Moreover, California residents have the right not to be discriminated for exercising some of their rights. On practice this means, that if you will require us to delete the certain information we collect to provide you with access to the Site, the Software and Services, you may loose an opportunity to access the Site, Software and Services.
– If you want to send us a CCPA-related request (to get an information about your personal data we collect or request us to delete it) you may submit a support ticket via this link. You must specify your email and client ID that is available at this page.
– Send a request via email to [email protected] or [email protected]
– Remove your personal data by cancelling your account with Linguix. To do so, you should log in to your account associated to one of the Texly's products and click the Delete profile link.
We may ask you to provide sufficient information to verify your identity prior to processing your request. You may also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. This agent will have to provide us with written authorization from you. In this case you will need to verify your identity directly with us anyway.
The CCPA lists a list of obligations for companies that "sell" personal information. However, according to the definition of "selling" implied by the law, Linguix software (Textly Inc.) does not participate in such activity. Also, we did not participate in such activity in the last twelve months, and have to plans for doing so in the future.
Sending Other Requests
As a California resident, you may send us a request to get a list of third parties who've received your information for marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. This list will also contain the types of information shared. It is free of charge, just contact us at [email protected]
Page updated: 25 May, 2023
Information For Users From Nevada
Under Nevada law, certain consumers in Nevada may choose not to sell "personally identifiable information" for a monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to others. Personally identifiable information" consists of:
- first and last name,
- physical address,
- email address,
- telephone number,
- social security number (SSN),
- other identifiers that can be used to contact a specific person either physically or online.
Linguix and its parent company Textly Inc. do not engage in such activity. However, as a Nevada resident you may submit an application to opt out of any potential future sales deals under Nevada law. To do so, contact as at [email protected]
Prior to processing your request we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and examine the authenticity of the request.
For EEA and Swiss users
We process personal information and send promotional emails upon your consent (you give it to use when you register with us and can manage your email preferences afterwards). Also, sometimes we may be obliged to process and share personal information due to legal obligations or to protect our users or other person.
Your Rights And How to Exercise Them
Persons located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland have certain rights with respect to their Personal Information, including the right to access, correct or delete Personal Data that we process through your use of the Site, Software and/or Services.
If you are a user based in the EEA or Switzerland you can:
Send requests concerning your personal information. To do so, you can submit a request using this link. The report will include your personal data we have, formatted and displayed in a human-readable way. Prior to processing your request we will ask you for additional information to verify your identity.
– Correct or delete your personal data. You can update your personal information, including name, email address, language preferences and payment details through your Textly product's account settings. If you used Google, Facebook, Twitter for the registration or have any issues updating this data, send us a support ticket to [email protected] or [email protected]
– Manage our processing of your personal information. We send any communications to EEA users only with their consent. You may ask us to stop sending you promotional materials by clicking Unsubscribe button within the Linguix email letters. Also, you can manage your email preferences and decide what type of communication you would like to receive. Still, you will receive some transactional emails regarding our Services.
– File a regulatory complaint. Users based in the EEA who believe that we have not complied with the current data protection regulation and laws, have the right to file a complaint to their local regulatory organization.
If you have other questions or do not have a Linguix account yet, contact us via email: [email protected]
Governing Law and Disputes
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary and to the fullest extent permissible by law, this Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without regard to its conflict of laws rules. You agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Florida, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may seek injunctive relief in any court worldwide of competent jurisdiction.
By email: [email protected] or [email protected]