- United States writer noted for his works portraying the life of drug addicts (1914-1997)
How To Use William Burroughs In A Sentence
- You would think it would be tough to make the lives and work of writers like Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs seem uninteresting, but writer Harvey Pekar, artist Ed Piskor -- along with other contributors like Joyce Brabner, Trina Robbins, Mary Fleener and Peter Kuper -- seem more than up to the task. Robot reviews: The Beats and Wizzywig | Robot 6 @ Comic Book Resources – Covering Comic Book News and Entertainment
- He remembers embellishing a paperback edition of William Burroughs's Dead Fingers Talk with needle tracks in red biro, and as a teenager took up drinking and smoking with gusto. Sam Willetts: A season in hell
- Look down at the floor and you will see it is made up of black and white tile squares some of which spell out obituaries for Ginsberg, William Burroughs and other significant cultural icons.
- I suspect Grant half-inched the idea from William Burroughs, even though Burroughs talks about language as a virus, rather than cities - the ideas strike me as too similar to be coincidence.
- But, even though Waters had no real power to say yea or nay to their ideas, they were eager please the Pope of Trash (as William Burroughs once dubbed him).
- The covers are endlessly fascinating, especially the "potpourri" section. "potpourri" indeed, everything from William Burroughs to Frank Edwards to G. Harry Stine to endless historical potboilers and nurse novels. Ace Books Image Lilbrary Update from Michael Smith
- But when I ask him how he sees himself at 60 (and it's quite clear that he'll be a desiccated carper to rank with William Burroughs) his hackles rise. FallNews - they grease the roads! *truckers' pin-up edition*