How To Use water shrew In A Sentence
- The waterfall area had forktails (upstream from the falls), Malayan water shrews (in the waterfall lake after sunset), and Malayan whistling-thrush (in the forest about 300 m downstream).
- Besides the northern water shrew and the pika, Brown found the ermine, the Uinta chipmunk, the yellowbelly marmot, the bushytail woodrat, and nine other species of small mammals on mountaintops within the Great Basin. The Song of The Dodo
- The pika and the bushytail woodrat and the northern water shrew found themselves stranded—just as the brown bandicoot and the wombat had been stranded, at about the same time, on those land-bridge islands between mainland Australia and Tasmania. The Song of The Dodo
- Smaller mammals include short-tailed mole Talpa micrura, Tibetan water shrew Nectogale elegans, Himalayan water shrew Chimarrogale himalayica, bobak marmot Marmota bobak, Royle's pika Ochotona roylei, woolly hare Lepus oiostolus, rat Rattus sp. and house mouse Mus musculus. Sagarmatha National Park, Nepal
- The pikas and water shrews and chipmunks and woodrats weren’t so vagile and adventurous as reptiles and birds often are. The Song of The Dodo
- In addition to the solenodon, the only mammals that use venom today are the North American short-tailed shrew, the Eurasian water shrew, and the Australian duck-billed platypus.