- any of various amphibious rats
- a person who enjoys being in or on the water
- common large Eurasian vole
How To Use water rat In A Sentence
- This greater tolerance may be due to the presence of seawater rather than fresh water.
- Down here is all darkness, the only sound the slur of rain in the dirt, water rats scratching inside the walls.
- It cut its teeth on water rat, badger, otter and fox in its native Yorkshire, England, then proved to be an excellent watchdog and retriever, too.
- Any weight loss will be mostly water rather than body fat and will be regained when normal eating is restarted.
- Actually the problem in Cornwall is that they voted for low water rates for a long time when water was in the hands of local authorities. The Taxing Miss Julia Goldsworthy
- At the first spluttering sounds of the water ration's arrival through the pipes in the predawn dark, bodies spring from beds to fill buckets and pots.
- Nick: haha, sweet finding our kitchen cloth submerged in greasy water, in a pot that could've been easily cleaned right after cooking but has been left so that everything is caked on and requires scrubbing, in a sink full of food scraps and dirty water rather than dry, on the side Discussions
- Travellers, short on water rations, have died drinking the milky sap of its poisonous foliage.
- I'm more than happy we'll be drinking desalinized water rather than recycled water from the treatment plant.
- Both berkukes and kuskusu may be steamed over water rather than stew, in which case they are usually sauced with milk or yoghurt.