The body washed down the river
eat food accompanied by lots of liquid; also use metaphorically
She washed down her dinner with a bottle of red wine
He washes down his worries with a nightly glass of whisky
How To Use wash down In A Sentence
- Do NOT wash down your shorty's meal with two beers.
- It is the perfect mid-afternoon bottle to wash down a perfect peach. Times, Sunday Times
- With many viruses, pinworm eggs likely in the goose poop on the playground and C. difficile bacteria resistant to alcohol it makes sense to wash down the drain than to douse in alcohol. stanlee FDA taking a closer look at key chemical in anti-bacterials
- Hoses would need trigger nozzles, and washing the car on the pavement would be banned, along with using a hose to wash down paths and driveways.
- The Gardaí also called out the fire brigade to wash down the area, particularly the phone box, because if anyone had gone to make a call and struck a match it would have caught fire.
- Don't let the ground crew wash down your kite.
- At night, the building's silver aluminum soffit is lit with high-energy, high-efficiency uplights, and the lower-level walls are lit by wall-wash downlights recessed around the perimeter.
- There are no classic pretensions here, just a fine, fruity mouthful to wash down hamburger or pizza.
- One woman bought a coffee to wash down a white pill.
- _Fluthwerk_ and 'hydraulicking' would easily wash down the whole alluvial and auriferous formation to the floor of grey granite which has supplied the huge 'cankey-stones' [Footnote: This proto-historic implement, also called a 'saddle-quern,' is here made out of a thick slab of granite slightly concave and artificially roughened. To The Gold Coast for Gold, Vol. II A Personal Narrative