- a wall in Jerusalem; sacred to Jews as a place of prayer and lamentation; its stones are believed to have formed part of the Temple of Solomon
How To Use Wailing Wall In A Sentence
- You describe the plaza in front of the Western Wall (what you call "the wailing wall") as "where Israel since 1967 holds nationalist mass gatherings such as torchlight processions celebrating graduation of recruits to elite army units and political demonstrations by right wing parties. On Thursday, the Legg report will be published along with...
- They call it the wailing wall, but the only act of devotion on this west London street corner is to mammon not God.
- Crowds gather at Jerusalem's Wailing Wall, or Western Wall, sacred to Jews.
- Equally brilliant was his appearance in a yarmulke at the Wailing Wall.
- We see the standard touchstones - the Wailing Wall, the Dome of the Rock - but we also see the streets, Jerusalem as a town, a city where Jews and Arabs both live.