[ UK /wˈɒdi/ ]
[ US /ˈwɑˌdi/ ]
[ US /ˈwɑˌdi/ ]
- gully or streambed in northern Africa and the Middle East that remains dry except during rainy season
How To Use wadi In A Sentence
- It is patent that dusk found them weary and worn, plodding and wading silently "homewards," shovel on shoulder, across four or five kilos of desolate mud; falling and tripping over stagnant bodies, masses of tangled wire, bricks and jagged wood-work everywhere impeding progress. Norman Ten Hundred A Record of the 1st (Service) Bn. Royal Guernsey Light Infantry
- Some taxonomic groups are particularly species rich in a global context: any impact of climate warming on such species, for example, willows (Salix spp.), sawflies, stoneflies, wading birds, and salmonid fish, is likely to affect their diversity at the global level. Arctic environments north of the treeline
- Wadi Turabah in Saudi Arabia is the last place in the Arabian Peninsula where the hammerkop (Scopus umbretta) can be found nesting, and the isolated and distinctive endemic race Pica pica ssp. asirensis is pressent on Shalla ad-Dhana. Southwestern Arabian montane woodlands
- Spend six months wading through the Byzantine regulations and rules that radio stations must comply with to keep their licences.
- Old guys spend more time sitting up late after the family's asleep, and in these hours your old guy will plan and replan his upcoming expedition, put new laces on his wading shoes, tie flies, dress in all his Arctic gear in order to see what it's like to move around in, call another insomniac old guy and check out up-to-the-minute river conditions, and so on. The Daily Dish | By Andrew Sullivan
- It's a day where people celebrate by drinking the worst-tasting beer they can find, wearing ratty blue singlet tops with Australian flags as a cape, eating burnt "snags" from the "barbie" and listening to the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown on the radio from the plush confines of a deck chair placed in a kiddie's wading pool. A List For Australia Day
- Don't bother wading through those crowded pages with their ancient typesets and such. Nick Mamatas' Journal
- No safe wading in an unknown water.
- She hitched her skirt up before wading across the stream.
- While the major parties, and there are three, the Bharatiya janta party, the congress and the Janata dal - s are wooing thevoters with promise of sev eral goodies, the Bahujan samaj party and the samajwadi party, whose roots are in uttar pradesh are doint something else. coalition shades