- accepted or habitual practice
- the period of time permitted by commercial usage for the payment of a bill of exchange (especially a foreign bill of exchange)
(economics) the utilization of economic goods to satisfy needs or in manufacturing
the consumption of energy has increased steadily
How To Use usance In A Sentence
- The company said the cause behind its bouncing checks is that its 29 stores suffered lower sales than expected during the Lunar New Year holiday period and suppliers refused to extend usance.
- Derivative products also including structural financial tools that have one or more characteristic of futures, transaction at usance, swap transaction and futures rights.
- The Buyer provides within 3 working days a Non-Operative, Irrevocable, Non-transferable Usance 90-days After Sight DLC (Documentary Letter of Credit) for the Seller's bank approval.
- Rhine Palatinate, St. Paul's at Besancon, Lure and Cusance in the The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 13: Revelation-Stock
- The Negotiating Bank is authorized to negotiate the usance drafts at sight for the face amount.
- Shakespeare, however, has already let us know, in an aside earlier in the scene, that Shylock hates Antonio because ‘he is a Christian’ and because ‘He lends out money gratis, and brings down / The rate of usance here with us in Venice.’
- Good. Payment by sight draft or usance draft?
- Saladin, -- whose valour was such that not only from a man of little account it made him Soldan of Babylon, but gained him many victories over kings Saracen and Christian, -- having in divers wars and in the exercise of his extraordinary munificences expended his whole treasure and having an urgent occasion for a good sum of money nor seeing whence he might avail to have it as promptly as it behoved him, called to mind a rich Jew, by name Melchizedek, who lent at usance in The Decameron of Giovanni Boccaccio
- Fortunately, all our ironware is vintage Le Cousances, with metal handles, and these pots shrug off such minor problems. Lahey No-Knead Bread recipe: one baker’s experiences so far | Diane Duane's weblog: "Out of Ambit"
- Usance draft to be negotiated at sight basis, interest is for Buyers account.