- a sensation of having been stung by nettles
- an itchy skin eruption characterized by weals with pale interiors and well-defined red margins; usually the result of an allergic response to insect bites or food or drugs
How To Use urtication In A Sentence
- Caterpillar urtications can cause severe allergic responses and even death in some people, so - as we said - better not to handle hairy caterpillars unless you know they are harmless varieties.
- In some but not all patients this was accompanied by diminution of urtication in response to cooling.
- Roman soldiers used urtication, or external stinging, to relieve the pain of arthritis.
- The exact scientific mechanism by which urtication works is still unclear.
- I believe that it is also true to say that, whilst urtication can be very effective in the short-tern, in the long-term actually eating the nettles is going to have a more beneficial effect.