How To Use urn-shaped In A Sentence
- This membrane is somewhat urn-shaped, and encloses a cavity in which are situated the pulverulent mass of spores arranged around a central columella of combined host and fungous tissue.
- At the time all these sugar baskets would have been described as urn-shaped, since ancient Greek vases and urns were the ultimate inspiration at the time.
- There are three general flower forms: small white flowers in panicles or loose and irregular spreading clusters; bell or urn-shaped flowers; and flat or open flowers.
- Any of various tropical American trees of the genus Lecythis, having a large, woody, urn-shaped pod that dehisces by a lid.
- Blossoms single – calyx is urn-shaped, narrowing at the top – to its lining are fastened pistils and stamens – corolla consists of five (generally) broad petals, varying in colour from white to deep rose pink – buds are deep pink – fruit crimson in the autumn. Flower Stories