one of the large alphabetic characters used as the first letter in writing or printing proper names and sometimes for emphasis
printers once kept the type for capitals and for small letters in separate cases; capitals were kept in the upper half of the type case and so became known as upper-case letters
How To Use upper-case letter In A Sentence
- X's and O's were upper-case letters, 4.0 mm high and 2.0 mm wide.
- The written and printed form of English has two interlocking systems of letters: large letters, known variously as capitals, upper-case letters, majuscules, and small letters, or lower-case letters, minuscules.
- As an editor, this happens to drive me crazy (along with the lack of upper-case letters where one would normally expect them).
- printers once kept the type for capitals and for small letters in separate cases; capitals were kept in the upper half of the type case and so became known as upper-case letters
- Several researchers have shown that presenting a cue word in upper-case letters relative to the majority of lower-case words results in superior prospective memory performance.
- They might not know their upper-case letters from their lower, but today's online activists certainly know how to disrupt the enemy.
- Identifiers cannot contain two consecutive underscores, nor can an identifier begin with an underscore followed immediately by an upper-case letter .
- She's always liked us to read to her, and she's been practising her upper-case letters and trying to figure out how to spell words for a long time, but reading stuff she didn't already know frustrated her.