[ UK /ʌntˈaɪdili/ ]
in a messy, untidy manner
Rossi spat very deliberately, and very messily, upon Durieux's party card
How To Use untidily In A Sentence
- The small fat arms that once clamped round my neck, the sturdy legs with muddy knees, are replaced with long gangling limbs that sprawl untidily, in sharp angles, across my sofa.
- The docks were littered with greasy, untidily coiled hawsers, tools, cargo and refuse.
- Even so, we may be sure that a young lady whose cheek burned not at sight of the letter she had sealed untidily -- 'unworthily' the Manual calls it -- would anon be blushing for her shamelessness. Yet Again
- Her battered old acoustic guitar lay on her untidily made bed along with several of the Tolkein novels and a box of guitar picks.
- The butts of cigars and innumerable cork-tipped cigarettes lay smothered in gray ashes that spilled untidily in sundry ash-trays. Every Man for Himself
- A pair of trousers lay across the back of a chair and his pyjamas were stuffed untidily beneath the pillow.