in an inauspicious manner
he started his new job inauspiciously on Friday the 13th
How To Use unpropitiously In A Sentence
- Their marriage began unpropitiously when the groom - intending to instruct his bride in her marital duties - took her to watch a display of graphic lovemaking in a brothel.
- Born unpropitiously into a man's world, she plays the role of a woman exuding exemplary tolerance.
- Old Church traditions and folklore warned against marrying unpropitiously, and forbade marriage during Lent and Advent.
- The work begins unpropitiously with the words: ‘After so much that has been written on this subject… it is difficult to say anything new upon the subject.
- The little boy, who slipped and fell so unpropitiously a few days ago, lies fretting in his bed in the cramped room.