characterized by lack of variation in pitch, tone, or volume
he lectured in an unmodulated voice edged with hysteria
How To Use unmodulated In A Sentence
- Although she first exhibited in the late 1960s with the Imagists, Ramberg never identified herself with this group, but shared their affinity for flat, unmodulated surfaces and stylized figuration.
- One side of the album consisted of a single, unmodulated sine tone.
- Because of the dots and the diagonal lines and unmodulated color, I work in a color key that I love to play with.
- It just can't sustain a momentum that is completely unmodulated (action scene, charged conversation, all in rapid succession).
- The colour and tone of hand and wrist are almost uniform, unmodulated.
- They share a common format: an impastoed yet atmospheric field of black palette-knife strokes is contained by four crisp, unmodulated black margins, 1 1/2 inches wide.
- But it means that his commanding tone of voice, unmodulated by the addition of a little humility, is unjustified. The Times Literary Supplement
- That is the right message on Iraq, and if undecided voters find it too bold and unmodulated, tough luck.
- After that I gave up with the crêche and let him loose on the world with a fistful of pound coins and his unmodulated voice.
- An oddly shaped white and yellow puddle of thinned pigment, its isolation heightened by an expanse of brushy, unmodulated blue, recalls Miro in its comic vulnerability.