[ UK /ʌnlˈɛvənd/ ]
made without leavening
unleavened bread is often simply flour mixed with water
How To Use unleavened In A Sentence
- But what we really noticed was the bombardment of aromas that almost overwhelmed us; recently brewed strong syrupy coffee, freshly baked unleavened bread and something else, something delicious.
- Pastry doughs, and those for shortbread-type biscuits and cakes, use soft flour, with a high proportion of shortening, and are usually unleavened, giving a crisp, friable result.
- In the highly baked, unleavened rye crispbreads of Scandinavia the faintly bitter natural flavour of rye comes through pleasantly.
- A staple of the Afghan diet is a flat, unleavened bread cooked in clay ovens.
- Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the passover. Luke 22.
- Did the early Christian church continue to observe the Feast of Unleavened Bread?
- Eat nothing made with yeast . Wherever you live, you must eat unleavened bread.
- unleavened bread is often simply flour mixed with water
- Two types of unleavened Lebanese bread are khub, which resembles pita bread, and marqouq, which is paper-thin.
- A lamb had and roasted together with unleavened bread, bitter herbs and other items.