- a tight-fitting garment of stretchy material that covers the body from the shoulders to the thighs (and may have long sleeves or legs reaching down to the ankles); worn by ballet dancers and acrobats for practice or performance
How To Use unitard In A Sentence
- She was athletic and wearing a backless unitard and shorts, the sort of thing Kit would wear, only this girl had much better posture and infinitely more grace. Slice Of Cherry
- The attention to detail, the ad-libbed dialogue and ringside color commentary and the absolutely stupid names given to these unitards all adds up to it being either an elaborate scam or a heartfelt homage to a favored sport.
- The cream-colored unitards, designed by Rakefet Levy, extended to cover the hands, giving the dancers unnaturally long arms, and the thigh-high black leg warmers gave them short legs.
- Early in 1987, when the Graves sets failed to arrive for a performance in Naples, Rauschenberg stepped in and within two days replaced her costumes with distressed black unitards and scarves and created a new set out of found objects.
- As for the women, they all had hair piled high on their head like a bouffant crown or frame and bodies bound under fishnet unitards and undersized brassieres.
- She wears a black unitard, but her top is purple and glittery.
- That's a BRILLIANT idea!" we go, and "LOVE your writing!" and "That leather unitard is TO DIE FOR! The readers' room: What you thought of G2 this week . . .
- I purchased a red unitard which I believe is cotton/Lycra.
- To Philip Glass's pulsating score for the film Mishima, the dancers, in slate-blue cut-offs and unitards, red wristlets, and a red circle drawn around one eye, shot through the light-infused landscape.
- A Native American doll is played by a dancer in a painted unitard with a leather loincloth. Where to Get Your Nutcracker Fix