admit or acknowledge a wrongdoing or error
the writer of the anonymous letter owned up after they identified his handwriting
How To Use own up In A Sentence
- I advise you to own up at once.
- So, she ran round and round the scaffold with the executioner striking at her, and her grey hair bedabbled with blood; and even when they held her down upon the block she moved her head about to the last, resolved to be no party to her own barbarous murder. A Child's History of England
- It proved necessary to row ashore in a small dinghy, plunging through the hot spray past a Turkish battleship that had been moored for so long that the coral had grown up around it, immobilising it forever.
- Founded in Sep of 2004, IrishEnvy. com has grown in to a premiere web portal upon a Internet for grown up as well as intelligent Notre Dame Fighting Irish entertainment discussion! tunverified voracity
- Watson had grown up on the rocky coast of New Brunswick in a village with the lyrical name Saint Andrews by the Sea. The Whale Warriors
- Enveloped in that smell, I would play grown up and sit in the office sometimes, studiously recording the numbers of the vehicles that came in for work on the twin ramps over the six-foot-deep pit where the mufflers were installed.
- There were mussels and abalones and clams and rock-oysters, and great ocean-crabs that were thrown upon the beaches in stormy weather. CHAPTER XVIII
- There are motifs, themes, and recurring melodies, all the things you'd expect from one song blown up to forty minutes.
- We EXPECT this kind of flim flam stuff from the tax & spenders .. an we USED to DEPEND on the Republicans to be the grown up with budgets. The right-wing liberal
- ‘He has grown up with that all-round technical ability,’ says Clifford.