- tall fern of northern temperate regions having graceful arched fronds and sporophylls resembling ostrich plumes
How To Use ostrich fern In A Sentence
- These are fiddleheads, the young shoots of the ostrich fern, Matteuccia struthiopteris, and the cinnamon fern, Osmunda cinnamonum.
- The commonly eaten fiddleheads in eastern North America are those of ostrich fern, a native woodland plant.
- She has Christmas fern, autumn fern, ostrich fern, northern maidenhair fern, tassel fern, Japanese painted fern, lady fern, cinnamon fern, sensitive fern and one she calls tatting fern that was new to me. news | SJ | http://www.goupstate.com
- Although they all are lush and green, there is quite a variety in their textures and sizes, everything from robust, six-foot-high ostrich ferns to dainty maidenhair ferns, with each leaflet looking like a miniature, green fan.
- In an effort to protect her flock, Sandrow planted a wide variety of feather-like foliage, ostrich ferns, corkscrew grass, tall flowering balls of purple allium and bristling shrubs of juniper and cyprus that camouflage the birds' exotic plumage thereby protecting them from the hawks circling above. Gabrielle Selz: The Egg, Inside and Out