[ US /ˈoʊməˌhɑ/ ]
- the Dhegiha dialect spoken by the Omaha
- largest city in Nebraska; located in eastern Nebraska on the Missouri river; a major transportation center of the Midwest
- thoroughbred that won the triple crown in 1935
- a member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in northeastern Nebraska
How To Use Omaha In A Sentence
- Above the clasped hands are a peace pipe and a tomahawk.
- The WIC office located near Omaha serves 650 servicewomen, wives of military personnel, and their children each month.
- Jerusalem's wish-list includes nuclear-capable Tomahawk cruise missiles, real-time satellite intelligence and funding for missile defence.
- Omaha poker is very much similar to another type of poker, the Texas Holdem. 2009 July | Poker Hands
- At noon when we stopped, the men rolled up a barrel of pork on to the deck and one of them, named Cheek bestrided with a tomahawk, crying out "give the word Captain. Three Years Among the Indians and Mexicans
- While I don't want to stint on my daughter's safety - I have every intention of buying a car that can take a side-on collision from a Tomahawk missile - I am constantly amazed at the precautions we must take these days.
- Learn about high-low strategy in Omaha holdem in this free casino poker instructional video from our expert card player and professional casino gambler.
- The Tomahawk cruise missile, born in 1972 and built here ever since, has flown the coop.
- In the course of this lavation, it was discovered the extraordinary flow of blood and brains had been produced by the infliction of a deep wound on the back of the head, by the sharp and ponderous tomahawk of an Indian. Wacousta : a tale of the Pontiac conspiracy — Volume 1
- Putting his performance down to beginner's luck, I stepped up for another go, determined not to lay down my weapons until I had succeeded in making at least one tomahawk stick in the tree trunk.