[ UK /əkˈeɪʒənz/ ]
[ US /əˈkeɪʒənz/ ]
[ US /əˈkeɪʒənz/ ]
something you have to do
he minded his own specialized occasions
How To Use occasions In A Sentence
- This has been done on numerous occasions in the past by the Senate with regard to appointments by governors, and does NOT involve judging "qualifications" (age, citizenship, and inhabitancy) which was limited in Powell v. McCormack. Blago Does All Us A Favor
- If the legend is true, he kept his word for he was seen on countless occasions over the years.
- Knowing how to write letters for all occasions is useful. Letter Writing: Write Formal & Informal Letters & Notes « Articles « Literacy News
- The two delegates approached the supreme leader on several occasions trying to beg mercy for their fellow reformers.
- I remember Michael sleeping in your room on several occasions and mom not knowing about it.
- There have been several attempts to set fire to the building and graffiti has been daubed on the walls on a number of occasions.
- Both François Massialot, in Le Cuisinier roïal et bourgeois, and Menon, in Le Cuisinière bourgeoise, speak of the bourgeois kitchen as simple in style and limited in possibilities, but where special occasions required special efforts, indicating that for them the term designated a style of life and social position beneath that of the nobility. Savoring The Past
- The story was nicely timed in public relations terms to swing media coverage away from his risible performance at the tribunal last week, when he was unable to recall matters of facts on a large number of occasions.
- Newly designated sergeants and corporals were conscripted to the task of squad supervision and many exasperating occasions arose when a recruit got the wrong "foots" in place and was commanded to "change the foots. The Delta of the Triple Elevens The History of Battery D, 311th Field Artillery US Army, American Expeditionary Forces
- Mrs O'Callaghan added that he had walked the route on several occasions before.