- the hero of William Shakespeare's tragedy who was betrayed and mistreated by two of his scheming daughters
How To Use King Lear In A Sentence
- Compass Theatre Company presents a new production of 'King Lear'.
- His performance as King Lear was to be his swan - song before retiring.
- The Earl of Kent in King Lear insults Oswald: ‘Thou whoreson zed, thou unnecessary letter!’
- It was not a message we ever heard from Shakespeare, who, increasingly fretful about the fate of kings, retreated into the ruminations of King Lear and a litigious retirement.
- Nicholas Woodeson savours every line of the rantipole, self-regarding Mr Prince who proudly announces "I am the American King Lear" and Keeley Hawes elegantly makes a case for Ben's reproving but desolate wife. Review | Theatre | Rocket to the Moon | Venue | Michael Billington
- Richard Chamberlain: The sound of King Lear pitching Eldorados, Didn't the Yuppie-angst thing die with "thirtysomething"? Pitching With The Stars
- Therefore, school leaders, must not the first to suffer the word scary, but first felt the "where" the music word, making learning a fun game, so that horses do not need troops on the self-will Fenti.
- Kitchen of his resemblance to King Lear in the plee — of his having a thankless choild, bedad — of his being a pore worn-out lonely old man, dthriven to dthrinking by ingratitude, and seeking to dthrown his sorrows in punch. The History of Pendennis
- Shakespeare Fever continues to grip the entire region, with King Lear at the Unity.
- Alchemical symbolism permeates several of Shakespeare's plays; King Lear in particular has been interpreted as an allegory of alchemical transmutation.