How To Use kilocycle In A Sentence
- A first day communications intelligence student, aware that Radio Tokyo and Radio Ominato were transmitting to warships using the 11,000 to 16,000 kilocycle range, could consult the Bureau’s charts and could approximate—if not pinpoint—the position of the vessels. DAY OF DECEIT
- KHz Kilohertz -- international unit for kilocycle. The Dawn of Amateur Radio in the U.K. and Greece: a personal view
- In addition, a piercing audio alarm, guaranteed to set teeth on edge as it warbled up and down through a kilocycle range, sounded on the unit's seldom-used speaker. The Ghost from the Grand Banks
- Even if codes could be completely debugged, million-cell memories could never be counted upon, digitally, to behave consistently from one kilocycle to the next.
- Also, I'm going to cut our slit down to a width of one kilocycle, if I can possibly figure out a way of working on that narrow a band, and I'm going to step up our shifting speed to a hundred thousand. Skylark Three
- There Smith discovered that the frequency dial was one kilocycle off. The Attack on the Liberty
- The octave differs from the kilocycle in that each octave contains twice as many cycles as the previous one (or half as many as the following one).
- Previously, the Waldorf's radio system covered only the standard broadcast band of 550 to 1500 kilocycles.
- For use of frequencies in the 4960–4980 kilocycle range to overcome radio interference by solar storms a.k.a., the Dellinger effect, see SRH-355, pp. DAY OF DECEIT