[ US /ˈkænzəs/ ]
- a state in midwestern United States
- the Dhegiha dialect spoken by the Kansa
- a member of the Siouan people of the Kansas river valley in Kansas
- a river in northeastern Kansas; flows eastward to become a tributary of the Missouri River
How To Use Kansas In A Sentence
- BTW … the online article was written long ago and the LJW staff will, I am sure, update it when they have puddleglum (Anonymous) says … kansas redlegs: yeah I know exactly what you mean. LJWorld.com stories: News
- Since Vanguard stopped flying, airfares have risen in Kansas City and service has diminished.
- I've traveled by modem vehicle from south Texas to the Kansas cow town of Dodge City.
- When we first sat in the seats, I noted to my Dad just how similar the park was to Kauffman Stadium in Kansas City.
- My largest contributor was my friend Anne Bartley, Governor Winthrop Rockefellers stepdaughter, who later ran the Arkansas office in Washington, D.C., when I was governor.
- What distinguished the 1996 plan from the Arkansas effort was its sheer magnitude.
- The Kansas program continues to be haunted by the collective legacy of Raef LaFrentz, Paul Pierce and Jacque Vaughn.
- Kanako Ito, the highly talented violinist and concertmistress of the Kansas City Symphony, will perform Mendelssohn’s “Violin Concerto in E Minor” on a Symphony Classical Series performance Oct. 23-25. KansasCity.com: Front Page
- Afterward, he was elected Arkansas attorney general and served as governor for 10 years before becoming president.
- Kansas City's offensive line, nearing a record for most consecutive starts as a group, destroyed Minnesota's front seven during two days of scrimmages in August.