- French nuclear physicist who was Marie Curie's assistant and who worked with Marie Curie's daughter who he married (taking the name Joliot-Curie); he and his wife discovered how to synthesize new radioactive elements (1900-1958)
- French physicist who (with her husband) synthesized new chemical elements (1897-1956)
How To Use Joliot-Curie In A Sentence
- Following the discovery of artificial radioactivity by M and Mme. Joliot-Curie and the use of neutrons by Fermi for atomic nuclear processes, Hahn again collaborated with Professor Meitner and afterwards with Dr. Strassmann on the processes of irradiating uranium and thorium with neutrons. Otto Hahn - Biography
- In August 1994 a panel of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry recommended it be called joliotium, for the French physicist Frederic Joliot-Curie.
- That year Meyer received a telegram from the Joliot-Curies announcing their discovery of artificial radioactivity. Trafficking Materials and Gendered Experimental Practices: Radium Research in Early 20th Century Vienna