- United States mathematician who contributed to the development of atom bombs and of stored-program digital computers (1903-1957)
How To Use John von Neumann In A Sentence
- During a briefing on intermediate-range bombers at Maxwell Air Force Base in Alabama, he had a fateful conversation with the legendary refugee scientists Edward Teller and John von Neumann.
- The resulting quantum logic was initiated by the mathematicians John von Neumann and Garret Birkhoff, using mathematical constructs called lattices.
- One can trace the efforts to link life and geography—in the guise of what are called spatial automata—to a study by the great John von Neumann, who believed that biological organisms could be thought of as information-processing systems. SuperCooperators
- He was also elected to honorary positions such as honorary president of the Janos Bolyai Mathematical Society and the John von Neumann Society for Computer Science.