- North American herb having whorled leaves and terminal clusters of small pinkish or purple flower heads
- North American herb having whorled leaves and terminal clusters of flowers spotted with purple
How To Use Joe-Pye weed In A Sentence
- Others are swamp blue aster, a pink turtlehead, speckled joe-pye weed, great lobelia, Pennsylvania buttercup, and several kinds of sedges.
- Walk among mature trees in their fall colors and enjoy late-blooming perennials such as white wood aster, goldenrod and Joe-Pye weed. 2 p.m. Meadowlark Botanical Gardens. Green Scene: The bounty of fall includes tours, lectures and workshops
- Plants at Holliday Park that are usually confined to fens are swamp blue aster, speckled joe-pye weed, and a rather rare species of pink turtlehead.
- Although the garden hosts a variety of nectar flowers, the butterflies concentrate when anise hyssop and Joe-pye weed bloom.
- Jesse got up and looked around again before walking through the withered broomsedge and joe-pye weed.