- American statesman; president of the Confederate States of America during the American Civil War (1808-1889)
How To Use Jefferson Davis In A Sentence
- Here on January 7, 1861, Alabama voted to secede from the Union, and on February 18, on the steps of the portico, Jefferson Davis took his oath of office as President of the Confederate States. L'ombra mostrarsi
- After the Oz material, the catalogue's remaining pages offer a look at Avi's real name, a signed first edition of Dr. Seuss's And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street, Sherwood Anderson's copy of John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, and a "Group of 7 different cartes-de-visite of cartoons depicting Jefferson Davis dressed as a woman. Archive 2008-09-01
- In the mid-1850s, Scott's squabbles with Secretary of War Jefferson Davis were legendary.
- Jefferson Davis countermanded his order for the evacuation of Vicksburg, and, as he had feared, he proved unable to relieve the city.
- There was a brief lull in sectional excitement after the Compromise Measures of 1850, but the overwhelming defeat of the Whigs in 1852 and the dominancy of Mr. Jefferson Davis in the cabinet of Marse Henry : an autobiography,
- Robert, Marse Jefferson Davis 'mos' betrusted servant, is done en bruck out thick all ober wid de smallpox, en dar ain 'no tellin' how many er de President's friends en 'quaintances po' Documenting the American South: The Southern Experience in 19-th Century America
- For example, the authors incorrectly state that John Brown was incarcerated in Richmond, misdate Confederate President Jefferson Davis's inauguration, and even get President George Washington's birthday wrong.