[ US /ˌdʒæɫəˈpinoʊ, ˌhæɫəˈpinjoʊ/ ]
- hot green or red pepper of southwestern United States and Mexico
- plant bearing very hot and finely tapering long peppers; usually red
How To Use jalapeno In A Sentence
- Dramatic look with tiny jalapeno pepper slices embedded in melted cheese topping.
- Regular Jelly Bellys are known for their impressive mimicry of the flavors of other foods, but they don't get any weirder than buttered popcorn or jalapeño.
- I don't know whether those furry impecunious gourmands will go for these unusual pepper varieties as much as I do, so just in case I also interspersed some jalapenos, tabascos and Thai Dragons.
- Spoon a portion of the tangerine sauce around the hash and garnish with the mango, red pepper, jicama, jalapeño, lime slice, and cilantro sprig.
- It's essentially a choice between jalapeños, which Lambert Ortiz describes as "very flavourful as well as hot" and serrano, which Bayless praises for its "pure-and-simple" heat. How to make perfect salsa
- The "ghost chili", also known as bhut jolokia, has more than 1 million Scoville units, while Tabasco sauce ranges from 2,500 to 5,000 Scoville units and jalapeno peppers from 2,500 to 8,000 units. CNN.com
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime and orange juices, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, sugar and jalapeno.
- He adds the rest of the bell peppers and the jalapenos.
- jalapeno peppers are very hot
- Instead, it was tender, but unfortunately any jalapeno flavour was indiscernible.