- immense East Indian fruit resembling breadfruit; it contains an edible pulp and nutritious seeds that are commonly roasted
How To Use jak In A Sentence
- Jake changes overnight from drippy layabout to high roller.
- A more specific look is then taken at the Ottoman 'sanjaks' or district provinces, with the Jerusalem sanjak "as a separate entity from the other regions of Syria [being] of tremendous importance for the emergence of Palestine about fifty years later. The Israel/Palestine Question - Book Reveviw
- Jake's birthday is on December 6th.
- That was one of the talents I - as Jake, never Andrew - had acquired over the two years of captivity, both in the juvie circuit and out.
- Stokton, a fishmonger, Thomas Yong, a saddler, and Robert Jakes, a shearman — all of whom had more than once been convicted of perjury, and on that account been struck off inquests — had contrived to get themselves replaced on the panel, and had been the chief movers in the recent actions against the late mayor and other officers of the city. London and the Kingdom - Volume I
- Tying a rope to the wheel and to a pole to keep the vessel on course, Jake swung himself onto the boom and beginning to furl the sails himself.
- Rowan Oliver's drums suggest a meeting of Al Foster and Jaki Liebezeit while John Richards' electric bass is a malevolent, fuzzed monster.
- We incidentally found that STAT1C overexpression cause aberrant STAT activation in LL2 cells. Further studies on the underlying mechanisms may explore a novel regulatory system of JAK/STAT pathway.
- The jak trees (artocarpus incisa), near of kin to the bread-fruit, and the durion, flourish round all the dwellings. The Golden Chersonese and the way thither
- A number of Jakarta street foods that carry the Betawi suffix, including gado-gado Betawi and sup Betawi, a spicy beef soup made with coconut and milk, came from this subset of Indonesian people. The Dish: Gado-Gado