[ US /ɛˈstoʊniən/ ]
- of or pertaining to Estonia or the people or culture of Estonia
- the official language of Estonia; belongs to the Baltic-Finnic family of languages
How To Use Estonian In A Sentence
- We can be sure that these are the British ships that went down during the war of independence," said Võrk, who authorised the use of new sonar equipment by the Estonian minesweeper Ugandi. British warships sunk 90 years ago found off Estonian coast
- Even when the Baltic lands became outlying provinces of Sweden and later of Tsarist Russia, Germanic merchants and seigneurs continued to dominate Baltic towns and commerce and the manors where Estonians and Latvians were enserfed.
- A feature of resurgent Estonian nationalism during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries has been national song festivals, celebrated for a period of days during the summer.
- Estonian - born American architect whose bold, monumental designs include the Yale University Art Gallery ( 1954 ).
- Unenriched cage systems are used in most Estonian hencoops at the moment.
- But the Estonian's chances were wrecked by a puncture on the longest stage of the rally, which he had to stop and change.
- They would show Russian army paybooks, an officer's gaudy epaulette, boxes of almost unstrikable Estonian matches, buttons, cap-badges. KARA KUSH
- Piece No 1 introduces the oldest Estonian string instrument, the kannel, which is a traditional instrument common to the 10 cultures residing on the eastern shore of the Baltic Sea. WeLove-music
- An Estonian skier and a Latvian bobsledder gained late reprieves from drug bans on technicalities.
- They are included among the 11 tracks, all sung outstandingly well by the 26-piece unaccompanied Estonian Philharmonic Choir, directed by the Paul Hillier.