- a member of an ascetic Jewish sect around the time of Jesus
- said of or relating to the Essenes
How To Use Essene In A Sentence
- What I really liked, from my white boy point-of-view, was Eddie taking a brief second to explain his continual usage of the N-word: because its power is lessened the more it's used.
- The word lessened does not convey a sufficient idea of what experience has proved to be true, to the honour of our excellent soldiers. Memoirs Correspondence and Manuscripts of General Lafayette
- Ithome, a new capital which they called Messene (370 B.C.). The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume 10: Mass Music-Newman
- (Hamburg, 1893).] the poisonous character of the former would be lessened by the introduction of the carbonic acid esters and subsequent coupling of the substances (depside formation). Synthetic Tannins
- Though you were our ally you seized by force a city in alliance with us, namely Messene, which had been admitted to our friendship and enjoyed precisely the same privileges as Lacedaemon. The History of Rome, Vol. V
- Conflict between contending groups may be resolved, lessened, or contained through the use of ‘medical diplomacy’ or health oriented superordinate goals
- As the trees lessened, Zeke and Jon reached the dirt path and stopped.
- Hence, risks are lessened and opportunities to save money may arise.
- The flight to suburbia lessened the number of middle - class families living within the city.
- This may well be a kind of besetting sin -- a sin that has plagued him since his youth and one that has never lessened its pull on him. Challies Dot Com