- growing a crystal layer of one mineral on the crystal base of another mineral in such a manner that its crystalline orientation is the same as that of the substrate
How To Use epitaxy In A Sentence
- Maintaining tight control over layer thickness throughout the lengthy low-pressure metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy growth process is one of the biggest challenges.
- ASMI said Francisco Partners offered to buy its remaining front-end activities, including epitaxy and vertical furnaces. ASM Receives New Combined Bid
- Always looking for new ways to reduce the use of light bulbs with something other than the mercury-laden fluorescent ones, the Purdue team has used the common techniques of reactive sputter deposition and organometallic vapor phase epitaxy to come up with viable LED technology that will finally make our incandescent technology obsolete. vacation, the environment, and high-tech
- Scientists can grow the chip using multiple one-atom-thick layers in a process called molecular beam epitaxy . Spin Doctors Create Quantum Chip
- Using oxygen-plasma-assisted molecular beam epitaxy, the researchers grew scandia-stabilized zirconia films on sapphire substrates. PhysOrg.com - latest science and technology news stories
- The process is relatively simple for manufacturing compared with techniques such as molecular beam epitaxy.
- Liquid phase epitaxy and vapor phase epitaxy produce solid results. Tara Smith Speaks - The Panda's Thumb
- Then, because the fluorite crystals that are defined by dark color zoning are wedge shaped and depart from parallelism with pyrite crystals by varying degrees, I concluded that epitaxy did not appear possible.
- At the time, he was working on semiconductor quantum wells, an exciting new area of research made possible by the invention of molecular beam epitaxy (MBE) in the late '60s by Alfred Cho, also of Bell Labs. Horst L. Störmer - Autobiography
- Using a molecular beam epitaxy chamber, scientists spray paint a surface with atoms under high temperatures, creating an atomic coating.