How To Use Ephemeroptera In A Sentence
- These aquatic larvae, often ephemeropterans or dipterans, are readily available in the lower water column and interstitial spaces that these juveniles inhabit.
- Moreover, it was also found that ephemeropteran species dominated spring and summer diets, while trichopteran species prevailed in winter.
- The dominant groups of insects are the Coleoptera, Hemiptera, Odonata, Ephemeroptera, and the Diptera (Chironomideae). Central Amazonian Conservation Complex, Brazil
- Any of various fragile winged insects of the order Ephemeroptera that develop from aquatic nymphs and live in the adult stage no longer than a few days.
- Young feed on planktonic cladocerans, copepods, ostracods, and mites; chironomid, trichopteran and ephemeropteran larvae; and bottom ooze.
- Examples of animals in the P. spathula diet are copepods, cladocerans such Daphnia pulex, and ephemeropteran nymphs.