- an epithelium of mesoblastic origin; a thin layer of flattened cells that lines the inside of some body cavities
How To Use endothelium In A Sentence
- All vessels are lined with a single layer of flattened cells called the endothelium.
- Vasodilators, such as acetylcholine and bradykinin, do not exert their effects upon the vascular smooth muscle cell in the absence of the overlying endothelium.
- This endothelium helps give vessels the elasticity needed to regulate blood pressure.
- Laughter appears to cause the tissue that forms the inner lining of blood vessels, the endothelium, to dilate or expand in order to increase blood flow.
- Xanthine oxidase has been found in the endothelium of capillaries by immunohistochemistry, and superoxide is generated in endothelial cell cultures.
- Dr. Miller says a compound called nitric oxide is known to play a role in the dilation of the endothelium.
- Along with a layer of elastic tissue, the endothelium comprises what is called the intima. Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Little did I suspect then what I was able to show many years later - namely, that relaxation of arteries by acetylcholine is strictly endothelium-dependent, and that my method of preparing the strips inadvertently resulted in the mechanical removal of all the endothelial cells. Robert F. Furchgott - Autobiography
- The journey from the bone marrow to vascular endothelium or myocardium is divided into stages.
- It also stimulates the production and activity of polymorphonuclear leukocytes and promotes adhesion of immune cells to the endothelium.