[ UK /ˈɛndɪv/ ]
[ US /ˈɛndɪv/ ]
[ US /ˈɛndɪv/ ]
- variety of endive having leaves with irregular frilled edges
- widely cultivated herb with leaves valued as salad green; either curly serrated leaves or broad flat ones that are usually blanched
How To Use endive In A Sentence
- Spinach, endive and romaine lettuce are great in salads; just dress with a little olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Cooking it that way makes it sweet - kind of like braising endive.
- Cabbage, carrot, celery, cucumber, endive and lettuce may be used for raw salad.
- ``The special today is poached Chilean sea bass in a cilantro sauce, served with endive salad and garlic-mushroom couscous. SILENT JOE
- And it was in France, dear reader, that I learned to swallow the bitter pill best known as endive-not a life lesson, perhaps, in the strict sense of the term, but a promising turn for a palate. picky than pleasant at the dinner table. Orangette
- Chervil, endive, escarole, kale, mache (also called corn salad), and mild mustards, such as mizuna, add flavor but not spice.
- A salad of endive and smoked salmon in a tangy horseradish dressing begins the meal, followed by a roast chicken with lemon, paprika, and sage as the centerpiece.
- Kitchen note: You can use other bittersweet endives - choose from witloof chicory, chicoria, puntarelle, frisee . . . Telegraph.co.uk - Telegraph online, Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph
- Remove the endive and slice the leaves in half.
- I enjoyed the satisfyingly starchy combination of roasted beets and artichokes with the subtle watercress, spunked up by some bitter endive and a nice, salty taleggio crostino. Michelle Won: My Trip to the Nutcracker and Dinner at Po, Which Ended Up Being Nutcracker Part 2