an unpleasant or disastrous destiny
everyone was aware of the approaching doom but was helpless to avoid it
that's unfortunate but it isn't the end of the world
- (New Testament) day at the end of time following Armageddon when God will decree the fates of all individual humans according to the good and evil of their earthly lives
How To Use end of the world In A Sentence
- Think about it that way and the end of the world is quite a comforting idea. Times, Sunday Times
- a confused dream about the end of the world
- Stop being such a drama queen! It's not the end of the world!
- Obviously I'd be disappointed if we don't make it, but it wouldn't be the end of the world.
- I wouldn't have been able to look away if terrorists were bombarding the room and announcing the end of the world, I was that enraptured.
- On the other hand, I just don't know why people are getting their pantaloons in a twist over any gambling or racing issues, or indeed any matter - other than the end of the world as we know it.
- If I'm off one day and shoot 75 in stroke play, it's not the end of the world. Can We Have More Match Play?
- The first half feels like the end of the world: a procession of motorcycle helmet-wearing models wearing the darkest black, satinised cotton and leather, walking to the growl of doom-laden bass.
- The cul-de-sac at the end of the world where the lights are always on but there's not always anyone at home. Times, Sunday Times
- Every proposal to avoid soiling our nests is going to be the end of the world, and they never learn, no matter how many times their pessimism is proven wrong. joe from Lowell Says: Matthew Yglesias » The Strange Persistence of Carbon Tax Advocates