[ US /ˈɛɫ/ ]
- a railway that is powered by electricity and that runs on a track that is raised above the street level
How To Use el In A Sentence
- The Staff of Volans has a limited supply of magic energy. Roll a dice after each spell is cast.
- Liberal democracy is a fraud, a cover for the power of the elite. Times, Sunday Times
- I can't find any relevant material on him in the library.
- He was a cute little beggar, looked like you as well.
- When the new foods that came from the Americas - peppers, summer squash and especially tomatoes - took hold in the region, a number of closely related dishes were born, including what we call ratatouille - and a man from La Mancha calls pisto, an Ikarian Greek calls soufiko and a Turk calls turlu. NYT > Home Page
- Some were members of Turkey's elite military class known as "pashas," a title of respect harking back to Ottoman military commanders Monday for allegedly planning to blow up mosques in order to trigger a military takeover and overthrow the WN.com - Photown News
- While on the way thither she fell in with a polacre-rigged ship flying the The Naval History of the United States Volume 1 (of 2)
- Lobefins today have dwindled to the lungfishes and the coelacanths ‘dwindled’ as ‘fish’, that is, but mightily expanded on land: we land vertebrates are aberrant lungfish. THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH
- Within five years, a unified currency in 1933 the "central" issue of "legal tender" currency has been relatively stable, so Donglai Bank has to resume business.
- You think Spielberg would only have a rattletrap third-rate spaceship like the Millennium Falcon to ensure his survival? Does George Lucas think the world will end in 2012?