[ UK /ˈiːl/ ]
[ US /ˈiɫ/ ]
[ US /ˈiɫ/ ]
- the fatty flesh of eel; an elongate fish found in fresh water in Europe and America; large eels are usually smoked or pickled
- voracious snakelike marine or freshwater fishes with smooth slimy usually scaleless skin and having a continuous vertical fin but no ventral fins
How To Use eel In A Sentence
- People at MSFC have told me over drinks that this study concluded that EELV are human ratable but they were going to do what Griffin wanted. Obama Policies on Transparency, Openness, and Participation - and NASA - NASA Watch
- The pain in his side was crushing, as if there was a steel hand in there relentlessly closing on an organ. THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS
- I used to think the worst feeling was losing someone you love. But, I was wrong. The worst feeling is the moment you have lost yourself.
- And I feel hopelessly undereducated, with all the MAs around me.
- Trip steels have a microstructure with retained austenite, ferrite and martensite.
- And in a way I want to make my language as mimetic as possible, as sensual as possible, so that you can feel the treetops, taste the lamb chump chops, and hear the wind and the sound of the surf beating on the beach.
- He was going back to the place where there was no feeling, because emotion and love were not allowed.
- Just the other day, I was almost run over by a two-wheeling speed demon who felt that a four-way stop applied to everyone but him and his Schwinn. Keith Ecker: Bikers vs. Drivers vs. Pedestrians: The War Wages On
- Often the parent feels helpless and very discouraged and may also give up on the child which reinforces the child's feelings of inadequacy and may cause the child to retreat or regress further.
- When fishing the ocean you need a good quality reel that is corrosion proof and fitted with a good quality and workable drag system that won't seize up when you hook that big one.