How To Use Edgar Degas In A Sentence
- One of our best subs, taken to task this morning for what I described as the unforgivable crime of putting an acute accent on the artist Edgar Degas 'surname in last week's paper, held his hand up to the offence but pointed out that he had been working on seven different pages under severe time pressure," Marsh writes. Regret the Error
- Everyone is afraid that there's going to be a test and they'll need to know that Pablo Picasso's father bore a strong resemblance to Edgar Degas, that Nicolas Poussin despised Caravaggio, that the third centurion to the left in the Rembrandt crucifixion scene was a dead ringer for Ignaas van der Hoeven, a baker who once stiffed the artist out of 50 guilder. Three Tips for Surviving the Art Museum
- Edgar Degas's iconic bronze sculpture "Petite danseuse de quatorze ans," depicting a teenage ballet dancer, is estimated at £9 million-£12 million. London Sales Are Year's First Test
- You see a small statue based on Edgar Degas' ballet dancers, along with other statuettes and a huge poster of cave art from Lascaux, France.
- The top lot of the week was Edgar Degas 'iconic bronze sculpture "Petite danseuse de quatorze ans," which fetched £13.3 million at Sotheby's (estimate: £9 million-£12 million) -- an auction record for a sculpture by Degas. Art-World Jitters Ahead of Contemporary Auctions
- Mystery and Glitter: Pastels in the Musée d'Orsay" exhibits a selection of 118 pastels from the 19th and 20th century, created by artists such as Jean-François Millet, Édouard Manet, Edgar Degas, Puvis de Chavannes, Maurice Denis, Camille Pissarro and Odilon Redon. Time Off Europe Calendar
- Walter Richard Sickert, the German-born painter and etcher who lived from 1860 until 1942, was a student of James McNeil Whistler and a disciple of Edgar Degas.
- Under the influence of Edgar Degas and the other Impressionists the artist Mary Cassatt changed her painting style.