How To Use denaturant In A Sentence
- The original experiments reconstituting GroEL-GroES-mediated protein folding were carried out under "nonpermissive" conditions, where the chaperonin system was absolutely required and substrate proteins could not achieve the native state if diluted directly from denaturant into solution. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences current issue
- But SDA (specially denatured alcohol) is treated with denaturants which permit its use in a greater number of specialized arts and industries.
- Experimentally, urea and guanidinium chloride are widely used as denaturant agents, but it is still not clear by which molecular mechanism they denature proteins.
- Almost 50 years ago, the author noted that the rotatory dispersion of unfolded polypeptide chains depends on the concentration of denaturants.
- Such restrictions in the conformational freedom imposed by denaturants have been suggested through analyses of x-ray B-factors for lysozyme, ribonuclease A, and dihydrofolate reductase.
- Denaturants also help prevent the formation of DNA secondary structure, a phenomena in which complementary sequences within ssDNA molecules bind to each other.