- the process of making a (steel) ship's hull nonmagnetic by producing an opposing magnetic field
How To Use degaussing In A Sentence
- The degaussing process is designed to erase the tape magnetically back to a virgin state.
- The ship's degaussing is made up of 25 coils for the ship's structure as a whole and local coils for specific items of equipment.
- There was also a degaussing station attached to the establishment, and after the war until 1962 it was used as a Sea Cadet training centre and an Admiralty store.
- The most effective counter-measure was degaussing which obliterated the magnetic field of a steel hull.
- On top of that, most degaussers use external power supplies and must power down between each degaussing, slowing up the destruction process.
- Considering other means of destruction such as Degaussing, this technology is a connectionless technology that is limited in effectiveness in sanitizing hard drives. Free tool lets you “shred” your data | Sync Blog
- Like Degaussing, physical shredding is typically carried out by external service providers. Free tool lets you “shred” your data | Sync Blog
- The size arrangement and location of the degaussing coils are based on finite element modelling of the ship structure and major equipment fits.
- For the need of testing of ship degaussing apparatus, the integrated test system based on virtual instrument technology has been designed.
- I was degaussing it by moving it through a static magnetic field.